Grannie Day Care
Today Grannie Day Care is full to capacity with all three grandchildren insitu. We have Jessica who is 2 1/2 years, Bethany and William who are both 10 months. It is mayhem I am sure. In fact the very reason I am able to write a blog is because I do not have a baby or toddler trying to help me type right now – so thanks Grannie!
Grannie herself has been very busy preparing the cottages for the half term visitors. As usual we have had our winter makeover with painting happening throughout, new curtains, plastering and lights in various cottages. It is always a mad dash in January to get everything done but we are finished and ready to welcome guests for the February Half Term.
Spring is really springing in Cornwall, it is getting warmer and there are flowers out left right and centre. If you are visiting in the next few weeks here are some great ideas of things to do:
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan – not only do children get in free in February but you can try your hand at making a wildlife hotel, explore the garden and try out the rope bridge.
- The Eden Project – try your hand at survival skills at Eden
- Cardinham Woods – one of our favourite pushchair family walks with a fantastic cafe and children’s play area
- The Maritime Museum – discover the history of tea this half term – you might even get to enjoy a cup!
- Spring coast walk – enjoy a refreshing stroll on the north coast followed by lunch at Lenwinnick Lodge watching the waves crashing, both child and dog friendly.