June 2, 2019A perfect cream tea is the meal we most...
Half term ideas
With the half term upon us it is time to start thinking up ideas of things to keep little people happy. Here is my top ten:
- Learn all about the Beast of Bodmin Moor at Lanhyrock. Should be fun for children and adults alike!
- On the 26th May visit Kernow Fest at The Heartlands in Reduth. Not only is there a free event celebrating all things Cornish, Heartlands is also home to the mothership of play areas
- Have a little pamper at The Cornwall. A short drive from Tregongeeves the Spa is well worth a visit and a great escape from little people.
- Visit Lappa Valley. We went before we had children with friends who had a two year at the time – now it is a firm favourite of ours – where children come first and life is all about having fun.
- Enjoy breakfast at The Eden Cafe and then take a stroll around St Austell. The breakfasts are a real treat and the family friendly cafe means you can relax in a safe environment.
- Visit the impressive National Maritime Museum in Falmouth – with Seahorse Rocks activities for children you can make creatures inspired by the Cornish Coast. For lunch why not indulge in a hearty feast at Gylly’s Beach Cafe.
- Visit the small precinct of shops opposite Tesco’s known as Holmbush. Here you will find the best local butchers (in our opinion) selling great pasties – why not pick up some ‘bangers’ for the BBQ whilst you are there, grab a cake from Niles (custard doughnuts are our favourite), then head out for a walk. We recommend visiting the bluebells at Luxulyan Valley at the moment.
- Explore Porthpean Beach. This local haunt is small secluded beach with rock pools to explore – it’s an ideal location for a picnic.
- Hire a bike for the day and cycle the Camel Trail. You can cycle into Padstow and enjoy the small fishing village without the hassle of finding somewhere to park.
- Do nothing at all! Just relax in the pool, get to know the animals, borrow a DVD, book or puzzle from the recreation room, have a game of tennis or sit with a glass of wine in your hand on your patio whilst the BBQ smokes away in the background – perfect!