June and July are a glorious time to visit Cornwall, in fact we think it is the best time with the lovely long evenings, quiet beaches and so much going on. Why not make the most of a last minute break with us; with prices discounted in early July it is a great time to visit. Check out our availability for latest prices
It has been a fantastic Whitsun week here on the farm. Heidi was busy with the guests feeding the animals with her young children, and we even got the young guests earning their keep harvesting elder flowers to make some cordial – they were rewarded with a taste of last years drink; which is delicious.
With all the extra helpers it has meant the chickens and pigs have been very well fed and the donkeys have been getting some extra hay. We have been pretty worried about Alice the Shetland Pony, in fact we have had the vet out to look at her. She is on new food and a little bit of medicine to help the old girl and she has really perked up which is a huge relief for us all.
If you are visiting here are a few things taking place that are worth a visit
- 8,9 and 10 June The Royal Cornwall Show, a treat of a farming showcasing the very best of Cornish life. It is busy but is a good day out.
- 10-18 June Polperro Music Fesitval – this colourful festival beings the pretty village to life
- 16-18 June Falmouth International Sea Shanty – hear the haunting sounds of the shanties.
- 25 June Boscawen Park Sunday Concert with Truro Brass Band
- 24-25 June St Merryn Steam & Vintage Rally, Padstow. A lovely family day out.
Have you seen the new pictures we have had taken recently? Take a peek at the cottages to the see the rather lovely pictures taken by Anthony Greenwood Photography. This week we spent the day with 5 children taking some more pictures of the outside and the facilities. It was organised chaos, and if Anthony has managed to get them all looking the same way without pulling faces it will be a miracle! It was good fun though and a real treat to spend the day playing on the farm.