Half term ideas
With the half term upon us it is time to start thinking up ideas of things to keep little people happy. Here is my top ten:
- Learn all about the Beast of Bodmin Moor at Lanhyrock. Should be fun for children and adults alike!
- On the 26th May visit Kernow Fest at The Heartlands in Reduth. Not only is there a free event celebrating all things Cornish, Heartlands is also home to the mothership of play areas
- Have a little pamper at The Cornwall. A short drive from Tregongeeves the Spa is well worth a visit and a great escape from little people.
- Visit Lappa Valley. We went before we had children with friends who had a two year at the time – now it is a firm favourite of ours – where children come first and life is all about having fun.
- Enjoy breakfast at The Eden Cafe and then take a stroll around St Austell. The breakfasts are a real treat and the family friendly cafe means you can relax in a safe environment.
- Visit the impressive National Maritime Museum in Falmouth – with Seahorse Rocks activities for children you can make creatures inspired by the Cornish Coast. For lunch why not indulge in a hearty feast at Gylly’s Beach Cafe.
- Visit the small precinct of shops opposite Tesco’s known as Holmbush. Here you will find the best local butchers (in our opinion) selling great pasties – why not pick up some ‘bangers’ for the BBQ whilst you are there, grab a cake from Niles (custard doughnuts are our favourite), then head out for a walk. We recommend visiting the bluebells at Luxulyan Valley at the moment.
- Explore Porthpean Beach. This local haunt is small secluded beach with rock pools to explore – it’s an ideal location for a picnic.
- Hire a bike for the day and cycle the Camel Trail. You can cycle into Padstow and enjoy the small fishing village without the hassle of finding somewhere to park.
- Do nothing at all! Just relax in the pool, get to know the animals, borrow a DVD, book or puzzle from the recreation room, have a game of tennis or sit with a glass of wine in your hand on your patio whilst the BBQ smokes away in the background – perfect!